The early morning sun was peeking up over the tops of the mountains as I bent down near Edrolliel. I felt her forehead, noting with relief that her fever had disappeared. Standing, I went to find Elladan. He glanced up as I came near.
"Good morning, Rosriel."
"Good morning."
"How is Edrolliel this morning?"
"Much better," I replied. "Her fever is gone."
Elladan nodded with a smile. "I am glad to hear it. I have never gotten sick myself, being an elf you know, but I certainly can feel sorry for those who can become ill."
I smiled. "Yes, with human descent, I have gotten sick once, and it was not pleasent."
"Do you think Edrolliel can travel now then? It is about time that we rejoined the others and continued on our way."
Rejoin the others... Aldarion. My heart flinched. I was not angry at him for not speaking to me - I never had been able to hold a grudge - but I still felt hurt. But Elladan was right, we had been away for long enough. "I will see if she thinks she would be able to travel, if someone helped her walk."
Elladan nodded. "Yes, or we could build a chair for her, the way we did when Ella sprained her ankle."
I smiled. "I will go and see what she says."
~ Rosriel
Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment