Saturday, April 4, 2009

Farewell...in not so many words

I couldn't handle any goodbyes. I know they would also contain pleas for me to stay, and I wouldn't be able to refuse.

So I'm simply leaving. I don't yet know where I'm headed. The only continuing thought I have is that I must go someplace far away from these people. These people I call my friends. These people I've learned to love.

I take a deep breath, grab my belongings, and slip away, unnoticed as I'd hoped. I turn and look one last time upon the sleeping members of the fellowship. Each one has endeared themselves to me in some special way, even the newest members. My eyes rest on Legolas' form. I shake my head as though to rid myself of the image, and trudge onward.

"Namarie," I mouth. "And may you all stay safe and joyful."

4 comments:

Nessima said...

WAH! I wanted to meet you! ;)

Ella said...

:P Sorry. It's better this way--though I would have loved to meet you as well.

Rose Marchen said...

My SISTER!!!!!!! NOOO!!!!!!!!!!
*dies of a broken heart*

Ella said...

I am sorry dear sister! Perhaps one day we shall meet again... :-/