Thursday, May 15, 2008

Introducing Master Fosco Hilldweller

Good day to you all! My name is Fosco Hilldweller.

I come from a little town called Willowbottom, in the East Farthing of the Shire. It's a beautiful place, sitting right where the Thistle Brook runs into the Shirebourn River. That river eventually meets the larger and well-known Brandywine, which marks the end of the Shire boundaries and the beginning of Buckland.

Of great history, I can tell none. I am a quiet sort of hobbit, who has lived a very quiet sort of life. I enjoy a good breakfast in the morning, a good cup of tea in the afternoon, and a good smoke in the evening. I love to stroll by the Thistle Brook, and watch the sun set behind the green trees of the Woody End.

My friend Porto Brandybuck of Buckland had the idea one day that we should retrace the path that our famous ancestors walked along on their journey to Rivendell. Being young, with no wives or children to depend on us, we set out almost immediately, and now find ourselves near Buckland, where a messenger from Rivendell has told us that we are expected there, where a new Fellowship is forming. They set out for Lothlorien soon, and we in the meantime will be struggling as best we may to catch up to them.

And, in the meantime, my journal of our travels can be found here.

To the other members of the Fellowship, greetings! We'll do what we can you catch up with you before you reach Lothlorien!

---Fosco Hilldweller

3 comments:

Rose Marchen said...

I hope you will catch up soon!

Anonymous said...

Me too! Welcome Fosco and thank you for giving us this idea!

Rose Marchen said...

Hello their Fosco! Think you'll be able to catch up with us before we get to Mt Doom? Be nice to not be the only guy around here.
----- Samdo Took