Thursday, May 15, 2008

Introducing Lady Luthien Rosriel

Mara aure! Hello! I am Lady Luthien Rosriel, of Eryn Lasgalen, the Wood of Greenleaves, formerly known as Mirkwood, daughter of Arheston and Luthien Tuilineth. In the days of Tar-Elendil, when ships from Numenor began sailing to Middle-Earth more often, my fore-father Ayaddayur came ashore in Gondor, and decided to remain in Middle-Earth. He traveled to what was then Mirkwood, where he met and married the elven maid Gornien, a kins-women of the King of Mirkwood. Thus it came that I have descent from the men of Numenor.

I am young, even in the years of men, having been born shortly before the War of the Ring. So in elvish terms, I am very young indeed! Some say though, that I shall be very wise when I am older. We shall see....

I grew up hearing the tales of my mother-brother Legolas and his adventures with the Fellowship of the Ring. I had often longed to travel the trail they traveled, even to the Mountain of Doom, so when my distant cousin Lady Elenatintil invited me to travel from Rivendell in the company of a new fellowship, I excepted gladly! I do not know if we shall make it all the way to Mount Doom, but we shall be going to the Golden Wood of Lorien!

Now, I wander the wondrous valleys of Rivendell, awaiting the arrival of the other members. My heart beats fast within me, I am so eager to begin! I am reading and re-reading the copy of the Red Book of Westmarch that resides here in Imladris.

By the way, I am usually referred to as 'Rosriel'. I am only addressed as Lady Luthien Rosriel in times of ceremony.

Namarie!

~ Lady Rosriel

4 comments:

Elenatintil said...

Welcome, Rosriel! I am so glad that you could join us!

Clare said...

Lady Rosriel, how thrilled my companions and I are to see another descendant of the Fair Folk as part of the Fellowship. We are overwhelmed by the honor of the invitation, and make all haste to Rivendell, so that we may join your travels.

---Fosco Hilldweller

Rose Marchen said...

I do hope you will catch up soon!

Anonymous said...

Rosriel, where did you find your picture?