Saturday, April 18, 2009

Ella:

"I'll...I'll admit to him my feelings, when he expresses his own once more." I finally said. I looked up. "Oh...oh...oh..." Legolas and a couple others were walking towards us.

"What is it Ella?"

I pointed. "I don't believe I'm ready for this yet."

Rosriel squeezed my hand. "Shhh it will be all right."

I nodded, but was unconvinced.

~~~

Legolas:

My heart soared as I saw who we were approaching. It was her. "Ella!" I called. Ella, my love. Please never run from me again.

Ella did not look up. Was I wrong to want her friendship? Seeing her again made me want it now more than ever. So she could not love me; that did not matter. I would not make her uncomfortable with expressions of my own feelings again. I would live as I always had, never revealing the pain my own heart felt, whenever I saw her lovely curls bouncing toward me, whenever her gorgeous mouth turned up in a smile, or emitted a melodic laugh...I shook my thoughts away and focused on the present moment.

No comments: