Vandë omentaina! (Well met!)
My sister has already introduced us, so I need not, except to add a few details she forgot. I am the younger; I was born a decade after my sister. We are both maids to Queen Arwen, and it was she who told us of the Fellowship being formed who planned to follow the paths of the original Nine. She had heard of it from her brothers, Elorohir and Elladan, and she encouraged us to go on it together. Because of the distance from Minas Tirith, you had already set off when we reached Rivendell. And so, though we have been following your trail for a few days, we have only caught up with you now, on the third day out of Rivendell. Our journey, as of yet, has been quite uneventful, almost enough to make one wish for a few orcs!
Namárië!
~ Lirasvelindo (she sings like a bird)
11 miles
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Welcome Lira! (May we use that as your nickname?) I am so thankful that you and Vila have joined us safely! I believe we've met before, as I spent my later youth in the court of King Elessar. I trust that the Queen is well?
Thank you, Elena! (I may call you that?)
Yes, please call me Lira, everyone I know calls me that!
Vila was a little worried about making such a long journey by ourselves, but her fears were not proven right.
Yes, I remember, we meet you several times a while ago, and I am glad to see you again.
Queen Arwen is quite well.
Welcome Lira! 'Tis a pleasure to have you along on our journey! It has been indeed long since I have seen you! I do not get to Ithilien as often as I would like. I am overjoyed to see you both again!
~ Lady Rosriel*
Thank you, Rosriel! It is indeed long since we last met, and it is a pleasure to meet you again!
Post a Comment