Monday, April 6, 2009

Ëarwen (AY-er-when) Harethgalad (HAR-eth GAL-ad)

Ëarwen stood looking uncomfortable.
"Look, I'm sorry, but we can't stay here," she said suddenly.
Turwethiel looked up, astonished. "Ëarwen!" she said, shocked.
The half-elven girl looked abashed. "I did not mean it that way," she said, glancing apologetically at Rosriel. "But I hear something, and it is headed this way."
"What 'something'?" sniffed Rosriel, trying to gain her compusure.
"I don't know, but it is not good, whatever it is," said Ëarwen.
Rosriel was now convinced that Ëarwen was only half-elven. She lacked their usual tact. 'Well, at least they ALMOST all have tact,' she muttered to herself.
"Yes, Legolas can be a bit blunt," said Ëarwen. Rosriel blushed furiously.
For being a half-elf she really had good hearing.
Turwethiel stood up, one hand still on Rosriel's shoulder.
"We must go, I am afraid," she said, "for Ëarwen's hearing is keen, and seldom wrong."
Rosriel nodded and stood also. She felt very short between the two tall warriors on either side.
She noticed that Ëarwen wore a soft blue tunic over deerskin pants, and tall deerskin boots.
Her forearms were bound with warg skins tied with leather thongs, and her creamy hair was tied behind her at the top with another leather thong. Her eyes seemed to see much more than her mouth mentioned. Rosriel also noticed that she too carried a bow and arrow, but seemed more fond of the two sticks hanging by sheaths at her sides. They were about two and a half feet long, silver, and each end was a double-edged blade. "They are called Khelehb sticks, which means Silver sticks," explained Ëarwen, noticing Rosriel's glance. "I prefer them to my bow."
"Oh," said Rosriel. "Are you related to Turwethiel?" she asked.
Ëarwen shook her head. "No, merely good friends. I am the granddaughter of Glorfindel."
Rosriel stood, shocked, then said in a rush "You mean the same elf who is said to be one of the firstborn and who prophecied that no man could kill the witchking!?"
Ëarwen nodded. "The same. He resides at Rivendell with Elrond."
Rosriel nodded. "I knew that."
"We must be off, quickly, as in 'now,'" said Ëarwen, giving Rosriel a slight shove.
With a small glare, Rosriel began walking quickly, trying to stay even with the two tall girl's strides.

4 comments:

Victoria Rose said...

Earwen, just so you know there are others besides us three. ;)

"'Oh,' said Rosriel. 'Are you related to Turwethiel?' she asked.
Ëarwen shook her head. 'No, merely good friends.'"......we are? lol! I'll go along with it, because I do like you. :)
-Turwethiel

Anonymous said...

Do you mind? =D I'm sorry about the rather 'groupy' way I'm writing - I'm still trying to familiarize myself with the others :)
Oh, am I supposed to write in first person?

Ella said...

Yah, as far as I know everyone writes in first person. :)

And no need to apologize--you're doing very well & it's great to have you!

Anonymous said...

Thanks! :)

*hopesIgetitright* :)