Lady Rosriel's news yesterday, mixed with my excitement, has kept my spirits high this day. Last night was incredibly eventful for me (and this morning was for the others). The past few evenings, when others were asleep, I have kept on alert, searching for the elusive eyes. I knew I hadn't imagined them, and something told me whoever it was was still with us, so I continued my search. At last (though it had only been a few nights, my spirit was already waning), my search was rewarded.
I held my sword at the ready. Samdo rolled over in his sleep and I froze. I didn’t want to worry the others—or arouse their suspicions—with my sneaking around. Looking up into the trees, I thought I saw some movement come from one of them. I inched closer. Bad idea.
Whatever it was had now been alerted to my presence. The movement stopped and I knew they had leapt to another tree. If I could just find which one…
“Stop following me,” a voice said. It was firm, but not malicious.
“Who are you?” I asked.
“You know who I am. Is this a friendly group, or are you being held against your will?”
The voice did sound familiar. Very familiar. If I didn’t know any better, I would have thought it was… “Show yourself,” I said.
They complied.
“Legolas?!?”
Apparently, while I had been on my way to Mirkwood, he had been on his way to Rivendell, and both of us had been sidetracked. Even with his excellent vision, he couldn’t tell if I had been elf-napped or if I joined on my own, and was waiting for a chance to free me in case it had been the former.
I introduced him to the others this morning (those he had not already met), and he will be joining us for the rest of our journey.
~Ella Ellessanderil, 29 miles
9 comments:
*squee* I get to meet Legolas!!! *fangirl moment* :)
I'm sure Legolas is very pleased to make your acquaintance. :)
oh, poor legolas! getting stuck with all us girls...
Tehee. :) I don't think he minds...and at least there are other men and elves along as well.
*starts flirting with legolas to make anarion jealous*
@ angel-horses ~ not to mention Ella! Girls really! Leave my cousin alone!!!!!
Ella, may I ask..
what does the code before some of your sentatnces mean??
Time for a reunion post!
~ Lady Rosriel
Yes, really! :) I don't even flirt with him! Haha.
I didn't know there WAS a code...unless you mean the smiley faces?
Oh, well... I didn't see those. I still don't.
*succeds in making anarion jealous*
*is satisfied*
Post a Comment