Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I decided to drop in...literally

From where I was, I could see there was merriment in the camp. I had the sudden urge to discover what it was about.

Stealthily, I crawled closer. When I was near enough to make out what was being said, I climbed into a tree. I could see my friends Elladan and Elrhoir but there were branches in my line of vision. I climbed down and ran to a tree that shaded the fellowship. I soon discovered I had not been the only one with this idea.

I gasped when I saw the two small eyes peering between the branches at me. I was so shocked to discover my company that I lost my grip and slipped downward...straight into the middle of the fellowship.

I groaned, both for my undesired entrance and for the pain that was starting in my back. I looked up and realized many pairs of eyes were staring down at me. I jumped to my feet, uttering an apology for my manner of introduction.

~Ella Ellessanderil, 24 miles

3 comments:

Rose Marchen said...

Oh! I hope you didn't hurt yourself too badly!

Ella said...

My ego is the only thing this incident has harmed. I suppose I should be thankful, but for now I am more embarrassed than anything. Your concern means a lot to me though.

Lanta said...

*looks very relieved at the inturruption*