Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Making Friends

I was so pleased the fellowship didn’t kick me out. As much as I would enjoy seeing Legolas again, I now have my heart set on continuing with this group on their journey…our journey. I had often wondered what things might have been like had I been allowed to accompany Frodo and the others, and now I shall get a taste of that.

I have never felt so…wanted…before. Though Elrond and others in Rivendell were always friendly, I always knew that to them I was an outsider. I didn’t belong there, but there was no place that I did belong. I’m beginning to feel that here, in this company, is where I am meant to be. It’s a good feeling.

There hasn’t been much chance for me to think about the eyes I saw, nor did I mention them to the others. I have not seen them since. I was spooked, but I believe it was more out of surprise than out of feeling threatened. There is something about the eyes that makes me think they do not belong to someone who means to harm us. Perhaps it is just another onlooker, as I was not long ago.

Tonight as the others are resting, I will try to find the creature. I am glad I brought my weapons along. If it is an unwelcome intruder, I will be rid of it, and if it is someone who would be welcomed, I will introduce him or her to the others.

I noticed one of my companions was only a couple steps’ distance from me, so I caught up to her.

“Miss Raewyn?” I said.

“Oh, Miss Ella, call me Wyn.”

“All right, Wyn. And you can call me Ella. I thought I overheard that you are a relation of Legolas…is that right? He is a good friend of mine, which is why I ask.”

~Ella Ellessanderil, 26 miles

16 comments:

Grace K. said...

Greetings, Ella! My humble thanks for speaking to me.

Only I have no idea what to write. Um, what were you going to ask me about Legolas?

Elana, you can put me down for fifteen miles. I noticed the '?' by my name...:)

Grace K. said...

*stamps foot* Where is Elrohir?!

He was supposed to rescue me. He has not even glanced my way! *cies pitiously*

Grace K. said...

I DID forget you're a Elf, Lanta! I'm sorry! My story has a few holes in it. For instance, I'm related to Legolas, so..

Elena, my post Thanks and a Apology, was meant to be in two parts. I was going to appoligize for staring at the twins instead of thanking you. I was going to thank you as well. :) Sorry I never got around to it!

Grace K. said...

Lanta, I just read your comment on Thanks and a Apology, " *flirts with handsome ranger* Um, you made me sound two."

I'm laughing so hard right now! Sorry!

Four comments and all by me! Goodness!

Ella said...

I'll have none of that nonsense about needing to thank me--we are all friends here, and on the same level.

I was going to ask if you had seen Legolas recently...and I suppose I'm curious if he has ever mentioned me? It has been a few months since I last saw him, due to circumstances that could not be helped. Any news of him would be appreciated.

Rose Marchen said...

I can help with that! I have just come from Greenwood (Mirkwood) and Legolas is my cousin. He is doing very well, and yes! He has mentioned you several times. Pleased to meet you!

~ Rosriel

Ella said...

*smiles widely* Thank you, Lady Rosriel! That is good news.

Now that you mention you're from Greenwood, I believe I have seen you before, though we were never introduced. I'm very pleased to meet you as well!

Has anything happened in Greenwood since I was last there? And...um...if you wouldn't mind saying...*blushes*...What has Legolas said about me?

Grace K. said...

*sqeaks* Legolas? !!!

Oh, well. I did say it was unrequited love..:(

WHERE is Elrohir?! I need comforting!

Ella said...

Wait, what?

Ella said...

And I'm sorry I can't bring Elrohir to you...(this is me and not Ella) I don't know enough about him to portray him correctly.

Rose Marchen said...

Ella, I shall give you news and all that sort in my next post!

Ella said...

That sounds wonderful, Lady Rosriel. :)

Lanta said...

i forgive you, Raewyn....
(but you DID make me sound like i was two. not kidding :P)

ella, i love your avatar, where did you get it?

Ella said...

Thank you, Lady Lira. :) I found it on www.DeviantArt.com

Lanta said...

call me lira, please!
i should try it, i haven't been able to find anything i liked yet.

Ella said...

All right, Lira. And of course, call me Ella.

There are a lot of great pictures on there. Do a search for 'elf' and you'll probably find some things you could use.