Saturday, June 7, 2008

Thanks, and a Apology

I watched the goings on between the elves and our former captor with amusement and a little bit of awe. So these were Elves.. They were everything my mother and father had told me of.

Turning my mind away from the elves (they were twins!), I turned to Lira who was crying bitterly, from both relief and shock. A tall man was crouched beside her, awkwardly patting her shoulder, trying to comfort her. His friend, a young women, was having better luck.

Lira quieted and was sniffing with her head on the women's arm. The flickering light of the fire illuminated her comforter's face. She was pale with clear cut features. Thick heavy braids spilled out of her hood which was thrown back. She was dressed similarly to the man, who I recognised as a Ranger.

I quickly dropped to my knees. "Lira, are you all right?"

She, the man and the women looked at me. Her brow wrinkled. "Y..yes, but I'm hungry!" The Ranger looked bewildered at that, the woman amused.

Lira's face cleared and she lighted up. "You're here!!" She threw herself at me, and we hugged.

"I was wondering when you were going to give me a proper welcome," I laughed.

"Well I was tied up earlier," she grumbled. I stuck my tongue out at her back as she turned and hugged the woman. "Thank you for rescuing me, Elena!"

She laughed and hugged Lira. "We feared you were lost to us forever. We were having difficulty finding tracks! You have my cousin and the twins to thank for that."

Lira regarded the Ranger for a moment then hugged him, much to all three of ours' surprise. The Ranger patted her on the back with a smile.

Elena smiled. "This is my cousin, Anarion."

He nodded at both of us. "And how came you here, to this land?" He inquired of me.

"To join the Fellowship. I heard of it from Elena."

Now it was her turn to look surprised. "I do not remember you."

We met sometime ago, and you told me of your plan to Walk. When I heard my friend, Lira joined, I set off as well. "

~Wyn

1 comment:

Lanta said...

*flirts with handsome ranger*

um, you made me sound, like, two :P