Not five minutes after I had started my lembas, Elladan held up his hand, motioning us to be quiet.
"What is it, brother?" asked Elrohir.
Wordlessly Elladan pointing to a tall black figure making his way towards us. I frowned. There was something familiar about his stride...
But before I had time to mention this, Elladan had pushed me down into the grass. Than he and Elrohir rose and, with arrows on the string, started inching towards the newcomer.
By now the moon had begun to rise. By its pale light I could make out the features of the man's face. I stifled a laugh. I would have known those black eyebrows and cleft chin anywhere!
"Anarion!" I cried, leaping up and running across the grass.
Immediatly the twins lept out of the shadows.
"Elena, stay back!" shouted Elrohir as they pointed their arrows at Anarion.
"But he's my cousin!" I protested.
Anarion's furrowed brow relaxed as he recognized me through the darkness. "Elena? Is that you?"
"It's all right," I assured the twins again, moving their bows aside as I went to embrace my cousin. "Anarion! What are you doing so far from Minas Tirith?"
"What do you think I'm doing? Aldarion and I have come to watch over you on this venture. Did you really think that your kinsmen would let you wander these wilds alone?"
I glanced sideways at the twins, neither of whom looked very happy. Then I laughed. "Indeed! I must be the most well protected maiden this side of the Shire!"
Elrohir was the first to slacken his bow and nod his head in greeting. A bit grudgingly, Elladan followed.
"Elrohir and Elladan, the sons of Elrond," I said. "And this is my Uncle's younger son, Anarion. Aparently his elder, Aldarion, is somewhere else in these moors..."
"We split up," Anarion explained. "From the footprints it seemed that you had left your main party, though we were not sure why."
"Oh!" I blinked. "How could I have forgotten!" I turned back to the twins. "Where is Lira being held?"
"As we said, the maid is safe," said Elrohir. "She is merely held captive by an ill-tempered dwarf. He appeared at Rivendell a month ago, wanting something from us. Unfortunately, Elladan and I
were away patroling the Shire borders and our steward (a well meaning but prejudiced Elf) sent him away."
"And now he's kidnapped Lira? Why?"
"We know not."
I sighed. "Well, suppose we find out?"
~Elenatintil, 16.75 miles
6 comments:
You didn't comment on mine. so I am not commenting on yours!
~ Your cousin Rosriel
Ps. Aldarion is proving to be a wonderful protector... and companion!
I was trying to figure out how Samdo could actually create a ring. I was too confused to post!
Ooops! Just remembered I forgot to include a very important part. Thanks for reminding me!
I fixed it! Read the edited version and then comment!
I THOUGHT that was the answer! I couldn't imagine how a simple hobbit like Samdo could possibly come by the knowledge to make a ruling ring...
You were right! THANK YOU for calling that to my attention!
Post a Comment