Such as a missing pot of stew! Would you imagine, someone , or something, as gone and run off with that pot of stew I made last night. I finished it late so we'd have something warm to eat this morning (they have been a bit chilly) left it over a low fire to cook all night, and I wake up before the crack of dawn and it's gone! I woke up Miss Vila, who had been on watch, but appearently fallen asleep, and she said when she was awake, she hadn't heard or seen anything. Which was why she fell asleep.
Miss Elena chose this morning to tell us that a few days back she'd seen some queer sorts of footprints, and I'm thinking that they were the ones that stole the soup. We checked our packs, and nothin' else was gone, so least they just must have been hungery. It gives me a turn though, because if they were hungery and friendly, why didn't they show themselves? And if they weren't friendly.... why are we all still alive? Miss Elanor though thinks it might have been Elladan and Elrohir, who took the soup, but shouldn't they have brought their own?
This is a mighty queer turn of events and that's no mistake!
We're now at the Ford of Bruinen, where Frodo made his stand against the Ringwraiths. It also is the edge of Rivendell.
---Master Samdo, 8 miles
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I am very sorry about your stew, Samdo. I know we all looked forwards to eating it this morning. If you'd trust a ranger's cooking, I could take over supper tonight and give you a chance to rest (and plan an even better supper for tomorrow!)
You do enough work already, Elena, without having to cook as well. I can cook, as well; if the rest of you do not mind, I would be willing to! (If you'd trust an elf's cooking, that is!)
Actually, I think I would be the best to cook, since I am a hobbit.
Samdo, I was very sorry to see your stew go, I had a small bowl of it last night, at it was quite good.
Oh dear, my plans to poison everyone have gone wrong!
*laughs*
Thank you Elanor, I am glad you liked it. *sigh* I just wish I could figure out who took it.
--- Samdo
Post a Comment