Friday, May 23, 2008

Noise in the Night

Ah, do not be so quick to wish for danger, Lira! As a matter of fact, it may be closer than we think.

A bit uneasy by Elladan and Elrohir's decision to "shadow" us, I chose to do some scouting last night after the rest of you had fallen asleep. My hope was that I would either find them and hear from their own lips why they are here, or else discover what danger might have fled to these deserted and unpatrolled lands.

My first hope remained elusive. The Elven twins have spent too many years in the company of the Dunedain to be discovered by a still-learning ranger (as I am). However, I did discover fresh tracks to the east of our camp that belong to neither elf nor man. (Nor, for that matter, to hobbits). It was too dark and too risky for me to follow the tracks alone. We shall merely have to post a nightly watch and be on our guard.

Now I shall go and partake of the tantalizing breakfast Elanor and Samdo have made. When they stop arguing over who has the original Sam Gamgee recipe, they do manage to collaborate on the most delicious dishes.

~Elenatintil, 3.6 miles

1 comment:

Rose Marchen said...

I do of course! Why would she have it? My mother was the older one!

---- Samdo Took