Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Along the river...

Well, we were fortunate enough today to come across Master Samdo's cooking pot. No sign of the stew, except for a dried carrot still sticking on the bottom. The indignant hobbit immediatly went to work scrubbing it. Meanwhile the rest of us scoured the surrounding area for any sign of the thief. About a stone's throw from the pot, Lady Rosriel and I found some more of those strange footprints. Definetely not from our party. There is a bit of a foul order to it, though I'm not certain that it is evil. Just unwashed.

Which, of course, eliminates Elladan and Elrohir from having any part in the theft. They are not the cleanlinest of elves (as Legolas is), but still, they are Elves. One would never find that particular odor near them...

The rest of us, of course, are sparkling clean after our water fight in the river the other day. The weather turned a bit cold this morning, so we were unable to repeat it, although I have overheard Vila and Lira making plans to throw me in again during the next warm spell!

Elanor meanwhile has delighted us all by uncovering a small valley of spring violets. She has begun twining them into wreaths for us all, though I doubt that she will manage to get one on Samdo...

~Elenatintil, 8.25 miles

15 comments:

Rose Marchen said...

No! No flower wreaths! Elanor, can't you see I am working here? *sigh* Fine, if you say so. No one had better see me in this.
Glad to have found me pot, but those rotters made off with all the stew. I can't wait to get my hands on those villians!
--- Master Samdo

Rose Marchen said...

*laughing* Our dear Samdo looks quite charming with a flower wreath. I doubt he would have let anyone but Elanor put it on him!
I still think they rather like each other. ;)

They are such gorgeous flowers!

But those were such strange tracks! I wonder who has made them.
~ Rosriel

Elenatintil said...

I think we ought to set a trap tonight. Have Samdo make another pot of stew, and then lie in wait for the theif to reappear...

Ranya said...

Lovely flowers, Elanor! And Rosriel, that was merely Lira trying to convince me.
*glares at Lira*

Lanta said...

a flower-wreath! howe lovely! *dances*

what was i trying to convince you of, dear sister? *looks sweet and innocent*

Ranya said...

Of conspiring to dunk Elena. Not Rosriel, my mistake, I have a bad memory.
*looks stern*

Lanta said...

Oh. Well, why shouldn't we? She is far too serious! She needs to lighten up and have more fun! (and nearly drowning is the best way to do that!)

Ranya said...

Well nearly drowning me isn't the best way of cheering me up. *laughs*

Elenatintil said...

Trechery! Don't you know that I HATE getting wet unplanned?

Rose Marchen said...

Oh, Samdo shall not like wasting another pot of stew! He is still 'boiling' over the last one.

*laughs* Have pity on my poor cousin! Do you not know that she is rumoured to be falling down a well somewhere in the future?

~ Rosriel

Anonymous said...

*Laughs evily*

Rose Marchen said...

I sitll think Samdo likes you Elanor! He would not have let anyone else put a flower wreath on his head!

~ Rosriel

Lanta said...

*laughs* I have no pity! If I choose not to dunk Elena, it will be because I've decided to dunk someone else! (Not you, Vila, I'm getting a little bored with always dunking you. I need variety!)

Anonymous said...

Roseriel! You trying to match me and Sammy! You can dunk me Lira!

Rose Marchen said...

Ahem, Sammy? Madam, I prefer to becalled Samdo!

Hmph! Sammy indeed!

--- Master Samdo