Monday, May 19, 2008

The Fellowship Goes South


It was a beautiful day for our leave-taking of Rivendell. After a wonderful feast last night, kindly given to us by Lords Elladan and Elrohir, we packed our things for our journey. This morning we set off! My heart is singing with joy and anticipation. Long have I dreamed of following in the footsteps of the nobel Fellowship.
In my mind, and oft times aloud, I repeat the stories that I have read and the ones I have heard first hand, for I have met most members of the Fellowship, King Elessar, then known as Aragorn or Strider, my kins-man Legolas, his friend Gimli, Frodo the Ringbearer, Samwise the Brave, Meriadoc Brandybuck and Peregrin Took. I do not often leave the woods of Greenleaves, and had not traveled to Gondor before the wedding of King Elessar and Lady Arwen, so that is how I never came to meet the Lord Boromir.
Samdo had a surprise for us when he came down this morning. At first glimps, I thought it was one of the hobbits come back! Whether it was Samwise or Pippin I had not yet decided, before he shattered the illusion by bursting into laughter and rolling on the ground. The imp was wearing an long green cape, one as if from Lothlorien, fastened at the neck with a leaf broach. At his side, he bore a sword that I was sure I had seen before. When he had stopped laughing, he told us that the cloak was the very one his grandfater Pippin had recieved from the Lady of the Golden Wood, Galadriel. The sword was none other than Sting, Frodo's sword! He had been given it by Samwise before the latter sailed across the seas. Elenatintil, Elanor and I promtly began pounding him to see if he had the coat of mithril as well, but he confessed he did not know where it was. The journey shall be interesting indeed with that one along!
Namarie!
~ Lady Rosriel

1 comment:

Elenatintil said...

And the little scamp has already torn a hole in it (the cape, I mean). Really...I know what I shall be mending tonight around the fire...