Sunday, July 6, 2008

An Injury

Ever since I surprised the others (not to mention myself) by falling out of that tree, I've felt a dull pain coming from my right ankle, which is the ankle most of my weight fell on. Since I could still walk without limping, I decided to ignore it. Possibly that was not a good choice. This morning, as I was walking alongside Legolas and learning what all has happened in Mirkwood since last I visited, I felt a very sharp pain in my ankle and (rather ungracefully, I'm embarrassed to admit) I fell into Legolas' arms.

Out of the goodness of their hearts, the others have fashioned a chair for me. Legolas has taken it upon himself to push me around in it. I think he feels somewhat responsible for this, since it was, after all, his eyes that caused me to lose my balance. I of course would not mind this attention from my dear friend, if not for all the viscous looks I have been receiving from certain other young ladies on this journey.

Through my (unskilled, but satisfactory) evaluation of the ankle, I believe it is only sprained, and not broken. In only a few short weeks I should be walking again, which will be a great relief to me, and I have high hopes it will quell the anger of my fellow travelers.

(I thought I should give you all an explanation for why I will most likely be lagging behind you in the miles department in the coming weeks--for those who don't know, I actually did sprain my ankle this week)

~Ella Ellessanderil, 60 miles

9 comments:

Rose Marchen said...

Oh, I do hope you get well soon!

*shakes head* Really! That Vila!

Grace K. said...

Oh dear, I hope you are not too badly hurt! With Legolas around though, I'm sure your recovery will be swift! And I'm sure it was just a coincident he was right there when you fell. ;)

Ella said...

Thank you, Lady Rosriel and Lady Wyn!

Of course it was a coincidence. What are you implying??

Rose Marchen said...

He wouldn't push her!

Ella said...

Exactly!

Lanta said...

rosriel, what did my sister do? *looks puzzled*
ella--haha, glad you took my suggestion :)

Ella said...

Well it was a great suggestion! :D

Lanta said...

thanks :)
hey, now that your ankle is recovered, has Legolas stopped poushing your chair everywhere? Or are you pretending it hasn't healed yet? :P

Ella said...

He finally relented and is allowing me to walk again. :) But he won't leave my side because he's worried I'll trip or something. *rolls eyes*