As we were drying ourselves by the fire, I sat down next to Dior. Some members of our group looked disgusted, some confused, but I ignored them. This feuding needed to stop.
"Hello, Ella," Dior said. "Wouldn't you rather sit beside your friends?"
I smiled. "You're my friend too, Dior."
"You do realize I'm a dwarf, right?"
I laughed.
"So...friends."
"Yes, Dior."
"So what do you want?"
I sighed. "Well..."
I explained how I wished he would get along with my other friends, and how perhaps now that the others had had their fun there were no hard feelings on that side. He didn't give me any real promises, but I have high hopes for a brighter future.
Legolas refused to let me walk again until my ankle was completely healed--which in his mind meant until I could walk without limping. Well, I'm able to walk without limping now. Don't tell, but my ankle isn't fully healed yet though. I couldn't stand another day in that embarrassing chair. I mean, it was sweet of Legolas and all, and I wouldn't have been able to continue our journey without it, but even so. It seemed like I was looking for sympathy, and I wasn't. So we left the chair by the side of the road, for anyone who may need or want such a contraption.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thank you o dearest of friends and wisest of elves! Thou hast given me reason to hope! (And try!)
*blushes* Glad to hear it. :)
Post a Comment