I jumped up when Ella screamed. Dazed, I looked around, and saw Ella running off into the trees, while Legolas stood looking rather sheepish.
An elf looking sheepish. Never seen that before.
I walked up to him, and demanded, "Why was Ella screaming?Were you two argueing?"
"Er.....No," he said, looking around for some means of escape. He took a step to the side, and I followed, glaring at him. "Well? What was it?"
"Uh--why don't you go find her?" he suggested, looking around rather desperately.
Do I look that murderous? I wondered, but I took his suggestion, and ran off in the direction Ella had gone. After a bit, I saw her with Rosriel, walking in my direction.
I sprinted up to her.
"Ella, what's wrong? Are you hurt? Why did you scream? Was Legolas trying to kill you or something? But if he'd been trying to kill you, he would have looked guilty, not embarressed," I answered myself before she could even open her mouth.
"Uh--no, I'm not hurt, and Legolas wasn't trying to kill me," Ella answered, looking rather amused--and sheepish.
Another one?!
"Then what was it? I asked her frowning. But then I was quickly sidetracked before she could answer.
"Oh! You curled your hair!" I exclaimed, delighted.
I reached over, and started playing with her hair, twisting one curly lock around my finger. I looked back up at her happily. "I love curly hair! How did you get it so curly? I want my hair to look just like that! Or is it a secret?"
I realized that Ella's had her mouth open for a while now, and I paused so she could answer me.
"Uh, well, it's actually natural," she said, looking at the ground. She looked nervous.
"WHAT???!!!!!" I shrieked. Ella now looked like she was about to duck for cover.
"You had CURLY hair, and you didn't TELL me? And why did you keep it straight, anyway??!! I've ALWAYS wanted my hair to be curly!"
"Well, I used to get teased a lot about it, so then I found a way to straighten it, and I've kept it like that since then," she admitted.
"Legolas was the only one who knew, before you two," she added.
I frowned. "Oh. Is that what you were screaming about?"
"Well, Legolas tried to wake everyone up so they'd see my hair, withOUT my consent. He thought it would help me find out who my family is," she added.
I frowned. "Oh, that elf! Shall I dye his hair pink?" I offered kindly.
"No, but thank you for the offer," she replied, trying to keep a straight face. I sighed regretfully. "But it would be such a fitting punishment!" I said sadly.
I was still playing with her hair. I looked at her. "Do you mind this?" I asked her politely.
"Uh, I guess not, as long as you don't pull it," she said.
"Oh, I never pull anyone's hair except Vila's," I reassured her. She exchanged a look with Rosriel, and they both burst out laughing.
"What is funny?" I enquired, confused.
Niether explained. People are always laughing for no reason when I'm around, it seems. I wonder if they do it at any other time?
Vila came up just then. "Oh! Curly hair!" she exclaimed gleefully.
I glared at her. "No, Vila! She's my friend!"
"So?" she glared at me.
"So we're not going to kiddnap her just because she has curly hair, " I said firmly.
Ella blinked. "Um, kiddnap?" she said faintly.
I explained.
"Vila and I used to kiddnap people with curly hair, whenever they ventured into our traps.
Oh, we didn't hurt them, we only played with their hair for hours," I explained soothingly.
"And gave them AWEFUL hairdos!" Vila said, delightedly.
"Don't worry, we won't do that to you, and I'll make sure Vila doesn't kiddnap you in the middle of the night. She does do that, you know."
"That was always your job! What, are you going to blame everything on me now?" Vila exclaimed in indignation, glaring at me. Ella and Rosriel were both looking at something behind me, I realized, and Ella kicked my leg.
"Ow!" I said, and turned around, to find myself facing a very startled Anarion.
"You used to kiddnap people?" he said, rather shocked.
"Um.... I didn't say that!" I blurted, and fled.
Behind me, they all started laughing, Anarion included.
Oh well. At least he has a sense of humer... I consoled myself as I climbed up a tree to sulk.
~Lirasvelindo
92 miles
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
lol... too funny my dear! I haven't laughed so hard at a blog post in... well, a long time! Glad someone finally did it!
Teehee, thanks. I was laughing while writing it =P
Post a Comment