I hurriedly climbed a tree, as if trying to escape from something, or rather memories that were like wolves about to devour their prey.
I did not mean to eavesdrop, I just happened to be passing by when I heard Aldarion talking with Rosriel, and it was perfectly obvious to me that...they were in love. That was too much; those simple words broke the wall I had carefully built around my memories, and now they came pouring in like an angry ocean.
“I can’t stand it! I…I…,” I just sobbed as if my heart would break.
My sweet family, my dear Eruadan; never again would I ever see their faces, or hear their voices call my name, or walk through the forest hand in hand with Eruadan. All because of some @#$% orcs! The filth and plague of Middle Earth that destroyed people’s happiness. What wouldn’t I have given to be there, and die alongside my family?
“You couldn’t have saved them Tury,” Legolas said from the base of the tree. I had been talking out loud and not realized it.
“Don’t call me that! That’s his name for me,” I sobbed.
Legolas climbed up beside me and put his arm around me. “Ready to talk about it?”
I nodded my head. “I…I was out on a ride with a friend. It was such a glorious day, but my four brothers could not come with me because they had chores to help Father with. We were gone all day. We came home right before sunset, and saw. I saw my brothers and father slain and my sweet mother shot with a foul, ocr arrow. Everything was destroyed, and the house on fire.” I shuddered, “I ran to them, and was there the whole night, just looking in agony and shock.”
“What about Eruadan?”
“We never found his body, but his sword, shirt, and dagger were found among the ruins. I feel in my heart that he is dead.” I took a deep breath and leaned back against the tree.
Legolas was silent for a while, just letting me think. “I think you are a brave woman, Turwethiel.”
I gave a short laugh, “More like a weak, pathetic, and emotional she-elf.”
“No, you have bourn this burden for almost a year, and yet you did not pull into yourself. You have been grieving, but you gave yourself to helping others. You are strong.”
“Hannon le, Legolas. I feel a little relieved, but still sad. I suppose that will never go away.” With that, I leaned my head against his shoulder, glad that I had some family by me, even though we were only distantly related.
~Turwethiel
(This is most likely my last post, keep me in if you can. Thanks.)
Friday, October 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Ummm.. Vicki, Aldarion didn't tell Rosriel that he loved her. :-/
Awww, how sad.
Can we have Erudan NOT be dead and find you?
Oops! *edits post* Sawwy about that.
Well, my original plan was that he would still alive and is searching for me. If you want to write that in (you being such a wonderful writer and all), that would be fine with me.
~Vicki(Turwethiel)
Very Well written and quite sad. Beautiful!
~Milisande Awnia Grim
of Mirkwood
Post a Comment