Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Learning how to mela

Legolas took my hand and pulled me away. "I'm terribly sorry," I said to the new girl. "I was speaking to a friend before you came along, and we weren't quite finished. I'm quite certain any other fellowship member would be glad to answer whatever questions you may have.

We walked a lot farther than I had been expecting, until the fellowship was barely visible and even the keenest ears could not catch our words.

"Legolas, what is it?"

He took my hands in his. I braced myself for what I thought was coming.

But I was in no way prepared for what he actually said.

"Vanimle sila tiri," he murmured. "Oio naa elealla alasse'."

I stared. Compliments were not something I was used to.

"Amin mela lle."

"No you don't," I whispered. "You can't."

~~~

Vanimle sila tiri = Your beauty shines bright
Oio naa elealla alasse' = Ever is thy sight a joy
Amin mela lle = I love you

5 comments:

Katrina said...

Uh oh...

And sorry about interrupting you... :)

Nessima said...

Hehe! I finally joined! I need to introduce myself. LOVE your post Ella...it's very interesting...

<3 Ana/Nessima

Ella said...

No worries Trina. :)

Yay! Hi Ana! :D Thanks!

Rose Marchen said...

AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!


I wish Aldarion would tell me the same thing!
lol ;)

Ella said...

But sister! It's horrible news!!