Reach Hollin Ridge. Large holly trees mark ridge. Day camp on Hollin Ridge. They plan to stay overnight, but after the crebain fly over, they leave at dusk. 232 miles from start. 12 miles since last location.
When I awoke today, I was a bit uneasy, so to speak, though I couldn't see rhyme nor reason why. I looked around some, but like I said, I couldn't see nothin'. So I just shrugged it off and went to join Elanor by the campfire where she was cooking breakfast.
She gave me a sweet little smile as I came up. "An' how are you this morning Samdo?"
"Oh just fine Elanor, and since I've seen you it's been finer!" She swatted at me playfully with her hand. "Hey now, I meant it!"
She laughed. "Here, take this knife and chop up these vegetables for the stew and then the morning will be finer yet!"
"Yes ma'am!" I nodded to her as I took the instructions and began to carry them out. I looked up slyly at her. "You've been getting in the habit of ordering me around, when we ain't even married!"
"Well, as I recal, you did propose!"
"Not properly."
"Well then?"
"My dearest Elanor Brandybuck of Buckland, would you do me the great honor of becoming my dearly beloved wife, just as soon as we can find a proper place to be married?"
Elanor smiled happily. "Samwise Meriadoc Peregrine Frodo Gandalf Took of Tukborough grandson of Peregrin Took I accept!" Applause broke out from the rest of the fellowship as I gave her a kiss and then there was laughter as she shooed me back to the vegetables.
Anarion rose to his feet. "Three cheers for our happy couple!"
"Hip hip hooray! Hip hip hooray! Hip hip hooray!" all exclaimed.
Laughing and blushing we both turned back to our chores. I shook my head with a smile, thinking about the first time I recalled having seen Elanor. I had only been about 3 or 4 years at the time, and she slightly younger. 'Twas at someone's birthday celebration, naturally. She'd been crying due to some hobbit knocking over her cup of cider and I went and helped her refill it. I laughed, she'd not let me out o' her sight after that.
I picked up my knife to start choping when I noticed that the blade wasn't as sharp as it ought to have been. I ran my finger along the edge and nodded ruefully. This wouldn't be safe to work with till it was sharpend. Settin' it down to sharpen after I had finished my job I took out Sting to use instead. My laughter at using such a famous blade to chop up vegtebles was cut short by a site that made my blood run cold. Sting had turned a pale, glowing blue, which as I knew all to well on account of the stories could only mean one thing. Orcs. Ohhhh dear....
~ Master Samdo Took
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment